An in house study undertaken with a collaborator’s bead-based immunoassay showed that with Mix&Go the following advantages could reproducibly and quantifiably be achieved1:
- Harmonisation of beads: several batches of beads perform uniformly resulting in fewer rejects, simpler manufacturing and QC
- Significant bead savings could be shown with bead loss cut from an average of 50% to 10% with 10-15% less beads required to perform the assay.
- The amount of capture antibody required could be reduced by 80%
A recent study undertaken with a collaborator’s bead based assays has shown a 10-fold increase in assay sensitivity in 25% of the assays and significant increases (<10x) for a large percentage of the other assays evaluated. Additional findings were:
- On plates Mix&Go allows us to reduce assay times from 4 hours down to just over 1 hour mainly by shortening the incubation times required with standard chemistries.
- Savings on antibodies were upwards of 80%
- Lower end, more affordable 96-well plates performed as well as high end more expensive plates due to Mix&Go’s ability to create a uniform surface.
1. Source: Renub Research, http://www.slideshare.net/renubresearch/global-in-vitro-diagnostics-ivd-market-trends-and-future-forecast-2009-2014